Saturday, April 25, 2009

God's a Daddy, but He's NOT a Sugar Daddy

Hello everyone,

As I sit here writing this, I'm listening to/watching Joel Osteen's Historic Night of Hope at the New Yankee Stadium. As I'm listening to him, watching him, I'm reminded of his critics. Those who don't understand Joel or his ministry claim that Joel (and other preachers that those critics refer to as Prosperity Preachers, such as Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis, and the list goes on and on and on) uses God as a Sugar Daddy and the Bible as a magic book that you use just to get what you want out of it and get what you want from God.

It crossed my mind that while God is NOT a Sugar Daddy, He is in fact a Daddy. Now I'm not just saying this from off the top of my head. The following article gives Scriptural (Biblical) evidence of God's Fatherhood. It is a wonderful article of the overview of God as Father: http://budurl.com/godasfatherarticle

I chose to address this issue today because it hurts me when Joel's critics and the critics of the "Prosperity Preachers" talk against these wonderful men and women of God. What these critics don't seem to get is that the Bible is not a book of rules and regulations but in essence, it is a love letter, from Father God to His beloved children that He so longs to be back in relationship with Him through Jesus Christ.

I do believe that God is a Father, a very loving Father who loves to rewards those that seek Him. He can't help it, He IS love. He IS a giver. He IS a God of abundance.

I hope that this post has helped to enlighten you about God: that He is a loving Father who loves to shower His children with blessings as any good father does.

I'd love to know what your thoughts are on the topic.

God bless..

MJ
"NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN!"
http://budurl.com/mjenterprisesbzblog
http://budurl.com/storywriterinbzblog

No comments:

Post a Comment