Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Positive Thinking vs Biblical Thinking: Are they the same thing?

Hello all,

Today I'd like to talk about positive thinking and Biblical thinking. I'd like to address the issue of whether they are the same thing or if they are different.

I've picked this topic to tackle today because I recently came across an article online: Positive Confession/PMA: Prosperity Gospel & The New Age. According to this article, speaking the Word of God (which is positive) is a no-no, or at least that's the impression that I got when I read the article.

The article refers to the Positive Confession movement or Word-Faith movement. Before I continue my discussion on the topic, I'd just like to clear the air about something. I am by no means a well-educated woman when it comes to this so-called movement or the such. What I do know is that the Word of God is the final authority. If this so-called movement uses the Word of God also known as the Holy Bible as its final authority, then I have nothing negative to say about it.

As it so happens, the author of the article implies that speaking God's Word is witchcraft. If that were the case, then God Himself would be practicing witchcraft as in every book of the Bible God speaks, and if you look closely, He never speaks against Himself.

According to the author, thinking positive is a no-no, as I understand the article. I tend to agree with this, IF (and this is very important), the origin of the positive thought is NOT the Word of God. In other words, if the thoughts or words spoken are based in the Holy Scriptures, then it's actually Biblical thinking, NOT simply positive thinking.

Positive thinking and positive speaking should NEVER ever be confused with Biblical thinking or Biblical speaking. In the former, you are simply thinking or speaking positive, with no Word basis. In the latter, Biblical thinking or Biblical speaking, you are actually doing exactly what the Bible instructs: think God thoughts and speak God words.

That's my humble opinion on the topic. If you disagree that is your opinion and you are most certainly entitled to your opinion. If you were offended, then just know that the author of the article I referred to offended me, but I hold no ill-will. Either way, I am just someone striving to be more Christ-like and sharing what I have learnt in the process.

God bless...

MJ
http://budurl.com/mjenterprisesbzblog
http://budurl.com/storywriterinbzblog

No comments:

Post a Comment