Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Christian C'Mon Man's

I look forward to the c'mon mans on ESPN Monday night countdown every week. If you are not familiar, this is a segment where the broadcasters take turns pointing out various mishaps and bonehead plays during the week, which makes them say "c',mon man." You knw, like a receiver that is wide open on third down and drops the ball...that kind of stuff.

I like to think of myself as a positive person and don't like drawing attention to the negative. However, after learning more about the Christian life the last few years I have become increasingly more frustrated with the way many things I see Christians do.

Don't get me wrong, I have done a lot of these things as well. So, this is more of a frustration with what people let the devil do in their lives and their lack of knowledge than it is a personal attack on them. Without further adieu, let's get to my top 5 Christian C'mon mans:

1) "Oh God be with me/us" - He said I will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5) c'mon man

2) "God couldn't love me" - no sin is too great to overcome with Jesus, c'mon man. The Bible says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

3) "I hope I get to heaven one day" - C'mon man you should know that you are going there for the Bible says, That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

4) "I'm only human" - born again believers are 1/3 wall to wall holy ghost c'mon man. You are comprised of a spirit, soul and body. The spirity part of you is now just as righteous and powerful as Jesus was. This is teaching from Andrew Wommack.

5) God is Sovereign, so He controls everything - Yes, I agree God is Sovereign if you are using the dictionary definition. As a noun, it means "A king, queen, or other noble person who serves as a chief of state; a ruler or monarch." As an adjective, the word sovereign speaks of something or someone being "Paramount or supreme."

But most people think if something bad happens it's because God is punishing them. That is not true. They say things like "God is angry" after a hurricane hits. God is not angry either. He satisfied all His wrath when Jesus died on the cross. God is not out to punish you. This topic needs more discussion, but just know that the Bible says we will reap what we sow and also, there is a devil out to get us as well. So, everything does not always end up the way God intended it to (Adam & Eve). God respects our free will, he does not force his will upon us. People have choices to make and those decisions determine what happens in this world.

Bonus - I don't have time for God - c'mon man, you do have time you just put God high enough on your priority list. The Bible says "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33. I heard somebody say before that our life on earth is like a blink of an eye compared to eternity. If you don't have revelation of this, I would encourage you to pray about it and spend with God in the morning if you can, to help get your day started on the right foot.

Squiddy is a Christian hip hop artist. You can find more of his articles and songs at his website http://www.squiddyblog.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=D._Squiddy

No comments:

Post a Comment