Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Addicted to Life

One of the many blessings God has given me in my life is the ability to run my own business from home. I enjoy being able to schedule my daily tasks around the things that are most important in my life.

But having the responsibility of making my own schedule, combined with a workload that never stops, combined with the fact that I absolutely LOVE my job means that I could literally work around the clock if I chose to. However, on the rare occasions I have afforded myself the luxury of taking a break, I sometimes find myself feeling guilty for doing nothing.

We live in a fast paced society. Everyone around us is zooming at breakneck speed most of the time and idle time for some of us is rare. After living a life of running to work, then to the grocery store, then to drop the kids off at soccer practice, then to band practice, then home to cook dinner, then to night school, day after day after day it's very easy to become "addicted to life".

Being Addicted to Life is working yourself into a state where you don't feel comfortable relaxing. Doing nothing feels wrong and unnatural. And in my case, guilt can begin to creep in if I don't guard myself against it.

Being busy non-stop physically and mentally on an ongoing basis is not only detrimental to our physical and mental wellbeing; it causes our spirits to become numb where hearing from God is concerned. And let's face it, if we aren't in a position to hear from God, how successful can we expect to be in the things we're attempting to do on our own?

I want to encourage you to take the time out to rest. Not only physically, but mentally and most importantly, spiritually. Take time out on purpose to listen to what the still small voice on the inside of you is telling you. Are you overlooking warning signs that your kids are in trouble and may need your support? Are you neglecting things as a wife or a husband that are beginning to cause your marriage to go down the tubes? Are you ignoring warning signs that your body is beginning to break down under the stress and pressure you're placing it under?

Take time to see, notice, embrace and be purposely aware of the beauty around you. If you're physically in an environment that you wouldn't classify as peaceful, close your eyes and mentally go to your peaceful place. 5, 10, or 15 minutes of calm relaxation may make all the difference in the world where your outlook on life is concerned.

You cannot be all you can be, nor can you be as productive as you could be without God as the center piece of your life. Ask Him to help you do what needs to be done in your life. Ask Him to lead and guide you and strengthen you to be all you need to be for those who depend on you.

Once you allow God's Holy Spirit to be your leader, your guide and your power source, you will be amazed at how much you can accomplish in His strength as opposed to your own strength.

The goal of FaithsMessenger.Com is to share biblical principles and analogies in a clear, concise, and understandable way that can be applied to life by the average Christian. In sharing our short stories and analogies we hope that you will be able to make a real life connection between everyday life situations and the application of God's Word. For more inspiring articles, go to http://faithsmessenger.com/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gregory_L_Winfield

(Pay me to advertise for you OR get FREE advertising)
Yours in Success...

God bless..

Ms Ranjini "Jini" Charley
SUCCESS in 2012 and beyond = FREE Income Generating Programs + FREE Training
(Be sure to sign up for this training and stay informed on Income Generating Programs. Updated Frequently)

"Together with Jesus is better than separate and alone" - Sarah Bowling

Ps. Feel free to pass the link to this post on to whomever you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment